Welcome to the 2020 Summer Season of i9 Sports Flag Football!
You will find that i9 Sports is an exciting alternative to other leagues, because we offer the features you value most:
- Unsurpassed organization and communication
- Emphasis on fun that places the kids' needs first
- Focus on basic skills, sportsmanship, team play and fairness
- Convenience (practices and games on the same day)
- Inclusiveness (balanced playing time for every player, every game)
- Commitment to safety (mandatory certified background checks on all coaches)
- 6 Week Schedule - Including an opening day "Jamboree"
- Everybody plays. Every game!
- Juniors, Seniors, and Elite divisions are able to have 1 optional practice during the week.
- There are No Tryouts, No Drafts, and No Fundraisers!
- Practices are conveniently held on game day - just prior to the game.
- Volunteer Coach League - We keep your costs low by only having one volunteer position! Help make your child's season great by coaching. We provide training and weekly practice plans. If no volunteer coach, you and another parent will be assigned at least one week of the season.
League Format: Play is 5 on 5 with no intentional contact allowed for our minor, junior and senior divisions. Play is 4 on 4 with no intentional contact allowed for our pee wee division. Teams will consist of 8-10 players each. Each team will have an hour slotted for games preceded by a 30-60 minute practice. You will only be at the fields for about one and half to two hours.
Teams and Divisions: We create divisions based off of numerous factors (age, skill, etc). If there is a shortage of players in a particular age division to run a league, we will run an instructional program or adjust the age divisions. Under the instructional format, we will hire a person who specializes in the sport to lead the group. Teams can vary from week to week and kids will be broken up with a goal of creating the best possible experience for all kids. Age groups will play/practice together at the same times each week so you can still request to play with friends.
Equipment: The league provides each player with an official i9 Sports Flag Football reversible jersey your kids get to keep (the kids love the reversible jersey). Players may wear shorts or sweats of any type, as long as they do not have pockets or belt loops, and as long as they are not red. Appropriate footwear includes football/soccer rubber cleats (no metal). Each player must use a mouth guard at all times during play. i9 Sports Shorts will be available for sale at the i9 Sports Tent. The league provides a flag belt for use.
BUDDY / COACH REQUESTS: PLEASE VERIFY THAT ALL BUDDY / COACH REQUESTS FALL WITHIN THE SAME AGE DIVISION. PLAYERS CAN PLAY UP A LEVEL TO BE PAIRED UP WITH THEIR BUDDY / COACH REQUESTS.
Awards: Each week one kid from each team will be awarded an i9 Sports Sportsmanship Medal for demonstrating the value for that week. All kids will receive an i9 Sports Participation Medal. Pee-Wees will recive stickers.
Coaches & Referees: All coaches, usually a volunteer parent of a child playing on the team, will receive mandatory certified background checks. Please consider volunteering! Coaches will find the experience personally rewarding. All referees are trained to ensure the highest level of professionalism during all games.
Interactive Website: You can register to play, access schedules, view standings and team/player statistics, review game rules, and get the latest league news at our state-of-the-art website. The website is updated on a regular basis so please check the site often.
Weather Cancellations: There is one weather make-up date built into the schedule. If we lose a weekend of games to weather, we will make up them up on this date. Any additional dates lost may or may not be made up. We will do the best we can, but we cannot control the weather. Because of all of the costs built into running leagues, we cannot provide refunds for dates missed. We will do all we can to make all the games happen.
Registration Refund Policy: After the final deadline, any remaining positions will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If you registered after the deadline, you may still make buddy or coach requests but they are no longer guaranteed. There will be NO REFUNDS after the deadline. If for any reason your child can no longer participate, we can transfer your child's registration to another sport or season.