Welcome to our Summer Soccer Instructional Program!
Our instructional soccer program is a great way to learn the fundamentals of the sport. In this 6 week program, kids will participate in a practice session led by an i9 Sports Instructor with the help of i9 Sports parent volunteer coaches.
- Practice sessions will focus on the fundamentals and rules of the game in addition to skill development.
- The day will end with a game so players can put what they learned into action – each week players will be divided into teams, teammates may vary week to week.
- Practices are conveniently held on game day - just prior to the game.
||Players on Field
||3 – 4 & 5 - 6
||3 v 3 or 4 v 4
||7 - 9
||6 v 6 or 7 v 7
||6 v 6 or 7 v 7
Age Groups May Vary Depending On Number Of Players
- An official i9 Sports® Reversible Soccer Jersey is provided and included in your fee
- Players may wear black shorts or sweatpants (No pockets or belt loops)
- Rubber cleats or sneakers (No metal spikes)
- Shin Guards are required at all times during play
- Mouthguards are strongly recommended
Each week one child from each team will be awarded an i9 Sports Sportsmanship Medal for demonstrating the value for that week. All players will receive a participation medal at the end of the session.
While this program is run by an i9 Sports Instructor, we always love the help from our parents and families. All coaches are i9 Sports Certified and undergo a background check.
Coaching is both rewarding and fun! If you are interested in learning more about coaching with i9 Sports, please visit the “Become A Coach” page of the website or sign up during the registration process.
Volunteer Coach Program:
We are excited about our NEW Volunteer Coach Tier Program!
Offered at the North Central San Antonio location ONLY!
This program give parents who volunteer for our Head/Assistant Coach have an opportunity to earn credits towards registration that increase with each season that they volunteer! They will also be able to earn a FREE Registration!
We make it convenient by sending our coaches a weekly practice plan that makes it fun for the kids and coaches while teaching the fundamentals of the sport!
Please email Tasha.Salinas@i9Sports.com for more information!
There will be an i9 Sports Site Manager to assist in programming details and provide support to players, coaches, and parents. These staff members undergo a background check.
i9 Sports Families:
It is the essence of the i9 Sports Experience to have families attend practice and games to cheer on their athlete(s). We encourage at least one parent or guardian to join in all game day activities as a spectator, motivator and role model. Let's work together to put the "fun" back into youth sports!
"IT'S ALL ABOUT KIDS HAVING FUN!"
NOTE: If practice/game are cancelled due to weather/holidays we will have a make-up day or schedule a double-header game to make-up for cancelled game.
REGISTRATIONS MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER SPORT OR ANOTHER SEASON IN THE SAME VENUE.
ADMINISTRATIVE FEES WILL BE DEDUCTED ON ANY APPROVED REFUND.