2019 FALL COACH PITCH BASEBALL: The earlier you register, the more you save! An automatic $10 discount will be applied on any additional registrations for the same season on your account after your first paid registration. To secure a spot, registration must be paid in full!
**This program is designed for 5 & 6 year olds. For all 3 & 4 year olds, please register for our T-Ball program
You will find that i9 Sports is an exciting alternative to other leagues, because we offer the features you value most:
- Unsurpassed organization and communication
- Emphasis on fun that places the kids' needs first
- Focus on basic skills, sportsmanship, team play and fairness
- Convenience (practices and games on the same day)
- Inclusiveness (balanced playing time for every player, every game)
- Commitment to safety (mandatory certified background checks on all coaches)
- 7 Week Schedule
- Everybody plays. Every game!
- There are No Tryouts, No Drafts, No Fundraisers, and No Mandatory Volunteering!
- Teams are organized in divisions based on the age of the child. Teams consist of 7-9 players.
- Practices are conveniently held on game day - just prior to the game.
- 3 Locations to Choose From:
- Columbia Middle School (Hampden & Tower) on Saturdays
- Falcon Creek Middle School (Smoky Hill & Orchard) on Sundays
- Liberty Middle School (E-470 & Gartrell) on Saturdays
- Games are played on grass to slow down the ball and limit playtime in the dirt
- All children play the entire game, in the field and at bat
- Each team bats until the entire line-up has hit each inning. No outs will be recorded
- All players rotate positions in the field each inning
- All coaches and parents are allowed on the field as needed to assist
- The type of ball used is a safe, soft T-Ball (Type "RIF-Level 1")
AGES 5-6: MODIFIED COACH PITCH
- 90 minutes of playing time (30 minute practice, 60 minute game)
- The coach will throw 6 pitches to his own players. If unsuccessful, a tee is used until the player hits the ball
- An official i9 Sports® Reversible Baseball Jersey and Hat is provided and included in your fee - yours to keep at the end of the season
- Players may wear Baseball pants, shorts or sweatpants.
- OPTIONAL i9 Sports Shorts can be purchased online during the registration process.
- Rubber cleats or sneakers (No metal spikes)
- A Baseball glove is required (recommended 9 - 9 1/2")
- We provide all the other equipment (i.e. T-Balls, Bats & Batting Helmets)
- Protective cups for boys are optional, but recommended
- One child per team will be awarded an i9 Sports Sportsmanship Medal for demonstrating the value for that week.
- All children will receive an i9 Sports Participation Medal at the end of the season.
COACHING: All coaches are volunteers, usually a parent of a child playing on the team. We conduct mandatory pre-season coaches meetings & background check all volunteers. If you are ready to have fun and give lots of high fives, you would make a great coach! Please consider volunteering!
- We strive to assign 2 "co-coaches" to each team
- We conduct pre-season coaches meetings where we cover league culture, expectations for the season & answer any questions you may have
- Our website has tons of coaching materials to help you have a successful season
- Weekly practice plans are emailed each week outlining age-specific skills, games, drills, breaks, etc.
- As a thank you for coaching, not only will we be conducting a FREE Pre-Season Coaches Clinic on Saturday, August 24th, but when you volunteer to coach & attend the clinic, your child can participate in our Baseball Clinic at the same time at NO CHARGE! Email email@example.com for details on how to register.
- All coaches that attend one of the Pre-Season Coaches Meetings will receive a $20 credit for a future season, applied directly to their account at the mid-point of the season.
INTERACTIVE WEBSITE: You can register to play, access schedules, review game rules, and get the latest league news at our state-of-the-art website. The website is updated on a regular basis so please check the site often.
****PLEASE NOTE**** We do allow you to request to play with a buddy or specific coach during the registration process. We will do our very best to honor as many special requests as possible, however they are NOT GUARANTEED. Refunds are not available for special requests we were unable to honor. Refunds requested after the final registration deadline, for any reason, are subject to a $25 processing fee.