2019 SPRING INSTRUCTIONAL SOCCER
We are excited to offer yet another season of i9 Sports® Instructional Soccer! Our main priorities are having fun, learning how to play the game, and focusing on good sportsmanship.
- This is an instructional program led by i9 Sports® Certified Staff and supported by i9 Sports® Certified Volunteer Coaches. Each week, practices focus on age-appropriate drills and skills then kids put them into practice with scrimmages.
- 7 weeks, including an Opening Day scrimmage
- Everybody plays. Every game! Focus on FUN and SPORTSMANSHIP!
- There are No Tryouts, No Drafts, No Fundraisers
- Practices are conveniently held on game day - just prior to the game.
- Teams are organized in divisions based on the age of the child. Tentative age groupings are:
- 3-4 year old: 30 minute practice/30 minute game
- 5-6 year old: 30 minute practice/30 minute game
- 7-8 year old: 40 minute practice/40 minute game
- 9-11 year old: 40 minute practice/40 minute game
- Age groupings may be modified depending on final registration
Schedules: Prior to the completion of registration, we plan for programs to begin anywhere between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm. Please keep these time ranges in mind when scheduling other activities. Team schedules will be available when rosters are finalized; approximately 7-10 days before Opening Day. At that time, parents will receive an email indicating the player's team number, coach, and confirmation of the player's start time.
Location: We do our best to play at the location that is provided online, however permitting and registrations may dictate changes. Changes, if any, will be communicated as early as possible.
- An official i9 Sports® Reversible Soccer Jersey is provided and included in your fee
- Players may wear shorts or sweatpants (No pockets or belt loops)
- Rubber cleats or sneakers (No metal spikes)
- Shin guards are required at all times during play
- 3-4 and 5-6 Year Olds: Each week every child will receive a participation sticker. An i9 Sports® participation medal and trophy will be distributed at the end of the season.
- All Others: At least one child per team will be awarded an i9 Sports® Sportsmanship Medal for demonstrating the value for that week. All children will receive an i9 Sports® Participation Trophy at the end of the season.
Coaches: All coaches are i9 Sports® Certified and undergo a background check. We are always looking for volunteer coaches! If you are interested in coaching, please fill out the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION, which can be found under the COACHES drop-down tab on our website.
All applicants are subject to a background check. Not all volunteers will be approved/assigned to coach a team. If we have too many assistant coaches and not enough head coaches, some assistant coaches may have to assume the role as head coach. Our staff will reach out to you after the final registration deadline to confirm whether or not your participation as a volunteer coach will be needed for this season.
Registration: After the FINAL DEADLINE, any remaining available positions will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If your registration was received after the FINAL DEADLINE, you may still make buddy or coach requests but they cannot be guaranteed.
Weather Cancellations: There are two weather make-up dates built into the schedule. If we lose the opportunity to play games due to weather, we will plan to make them up on these dates. We will do the best we can, but any additional dates lost may or may not be made up as we cannot control the weather. Because of all of the costs built into running the leagues, we cannot provide refunds for dates missed. We will do all we can to get in as many games as possible.
Refunds: Prior to the FINAL DEADLINE, refunds are available, less a $30 handling charge. Alternatively 100% of the registration fee can be credited toward a future season. There are no refunds after the FINAL DEADLINE. There are no refunds due to weather-related cancellations.