2019 SUMMER FLAG FOOTBALL: The earlier you register, the more you save! We also offer a $10 discount on any additional children in your family after your first paid registration. To secure your spot, registration must be paid in full!
You will find that i9 Sports is an exciting alternative to other leagues, because we offer the features you value most:
- Unsurpassed organization and communication
- Emphasis on fun that places the kids' needs first
- Focus on basic skills, sportsmanship, team play and fairness
- Convenience (practices and games on the same day)
- Inclusiveness (balanced playing time for every player, every game)
- Commitment to safety (mandatory certified background checks on all coaches)
- 7 Week Schedule
- Everybody plays. Every game!
- There are No Tryouts, No Drafts, No Fundraisers, and No Mandatory Volunteering!
- Practices are conveniently held on game day - just prior to the game.
- 2 Locations to Choose From:
- Columbia Middle School (Hampden & Tower) ages 4-11 on Saturdays
- Falcon Creek Middle School (Smoky Hill & Orchard) ages 4-11 on Sundays
LEAGUE FORMAT: Teams will consist of no more than double the amount of players on the field at one time. (ie: if you are playing 5 vs 5, you will have no more than 10 players on the team.) No intentional contact is allowed. We do our best to create equal teams by looking at each child's age, size, gender & experience level, while also honoring buddy requests.
- Anticipated age divisions are 4-6, 7-8 & 9-11
- Actual age divisions will be determined based on the number of registrations and may very between venues.
- 4-6 year old divisions: 5 vs 5, 60 min. practice, 60 min. game (2 - 20min. halves), pee wee size ball
- 7-8 year old divisions: 6 vs 6, 60 min. practice, 60min. game, pee wee size ball
- 9+ divisions: 6 vs 6, 60 min. practice, 60 min. game, junior size ball
- Practices are conveniently held on game day only - just prior to the game.
- An official i9 Sports® Reversible Flag Football Jersey is provided and included in your fee - yours to keep at the end of the season
- Players may wear shorts or sweatpants of any type, as long as they do NOT have pockets or belt loops, and as long as they are not red. OPTIONAL i9 Sports Shorts can be purchased online during the registration process.
- Rubber cleats or sneakers (No metal spikes) -- Cleats NOT recommended for Regis location.
- Mouth guards are required at all times during play & are for sale every week at the field for $5 (Cash or check only)
- To protect eyes and faces, hats with brims are not allowed
- It is recommended that every child bring their own ball
AWARDS: Each week one child from each team will be awarded an i9 Sports Sportsmanship Medal for demonstrating the value of the week. All children will receive an i9 Sports Participation Medal at the end of the season. Division winners will receive a trophy.
COACHING: All coaches are volunteers, usually a parent of a child playing on the team. We conduct mandatory pre-season coaches meetings & background check all volunteers. If you are ready to have fun and give lots of high fives, you would make a great coach! Please consider volunteering!
- We strive to assign 2 "co-coaches" to each team
- We conduct pre-season coaches meetings where we go over the expectations for the season & answer any questions you may have
- Our website has tons of coaching materials to help you have a successful season
- Practice plans will be emailed weekly outlining skills, games, drills, breaks, etc.
- Two referees will be on the field each week helping "coach" the kids throughout the season
INTERACTIVE WEBSITE: You can register to play, access schedules, view standings and team/players statistics, review game rules, and get the latest league news at our state-of-the-art website. The website is updated on a regular basis so please check the site often.
****PLEASE NOTE**** We do allow you to request to play with a buddy or specific coach during the registration process. We will do our very best to honor as many special requests as possible, however they are NOT GUARANTEED. Refunds are not available for special requests we were unable to honor.