|Program Director:||Mike Taormina|
There will be no games on Sunday - 4/21/19 and Sunday - 5/26/19
|Weeks Of Play:||7|
|Practices:||On game day - held prior to game|
Grades 1 - 2
Will start at a time between 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM
|Who Plays:||Boys & Girls (Grades 1st - 2nd)|
1745 Kaneville Rd
Geneva IL 60134
|If you pay after 3/8/2019:||$165.00|
Welcome to 2019 Spring Flag Football at Faith Lutheran Church!
Here are the details on the leagues:
You will find i9 Sports to be an exciting alternative to "traditional" leagues because we offer the features you value most:
- Unsurpassed organization and communication, emphasis on FUN that places the Kids' needs first.
- Focus on basic skills, sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Fairness, convenience, inclusiveness (everyone plays every game), commitment to safety (coaches certified and background checks on all volunteers and staff).
- "Buddy" requests are always welcome!
Teams & Divisions: There are no more than 10 players per team (no more than 12 players per team for Elite), which are organized into divisions according to grades. Tentative groupings are: Pre-K (3 and 4 year olds), Kindergarten, 1st/2nd grade, 3rd/4th grade, 5th/6th grade and 7th/8th grade. Groupings are subject to modifications depending upon final enrollment. Grades are based on the 2018/2019 school year. Teams are led by background checked, i9 Sports certified volunteer coaches. i9 Sports DOES NOT supply Coaches.
Elite Flag Football
- Specifically for players who are in Grade 5 or higher - Natural progression from the younger i9 Sports Flag Football Divisions.
- Age appropriate rules and level of play.
- Play will be 6-on-6!
- Coaches may at their discretion add one optional 60-90 minute practice each week.
- Fun is always #1 - while it's geared more for experienced players we won't lose sight of the fun we're known for.
- Parents may, at their discretion request to move their 4th grader up to the elite division.
- No limit on buddy requests (max number of players per team is 10). We encourage you to bring a complete team.
Friends and Family: Do you want your child to play with his/her buddies? No problem. We do our best to honor same team requests, only asking that the kids be in the same grade division. This is a very popular feature of our program. Requests will be honored on a first come first serve basis.
League & Game Format, Practice: Play is 5-on-5 (Elite is 6-on-6) and is open to boys and girls. Everyone gets to play, every week. At i9, we mandate a positive experience for each child, which includes what we call "quality" playing time. We want the kids to play all positions (even quarterback) as long as they comfortable doing so. No negative or disruptive coach or parental behavior is tolerated. This league is about the kids! We mandate no more than one practice per week (except Elite - See Above), held an hour prior to the game at the field, thus making it a once per week commitment for kids, parents and coaches.
Locations, Dates & Times:
Sunday League - beginning April 7, 2019 - ending June 2, 2019
Please Note: There will be no games on Sunday, April 21st (Easter) or Sunday, May 26th (Memorial Day). Games WILL be scheduled on Mother's Day (May 12th). If a week is cancelled due to weather, the league will be extended unitl 6/9/2019. If more make up dates are necessary, i9 Sports will discuss and ask for approval from the venue to extend the season further.
Geneva - Faith Lutheran Church . Games scheduled between 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM each Sunday.
Pricing and Deadlines
- Offseason Registration: $130.00 through November 22, 2018
- Early Registration Deadline: $140.00 through January 31, 2019
- Registration Deadline: $150 through March 8th, 2019.
* After March 9th the price is $165.00 until the leagues are full.
|Program Director:||Mike Taormina|
"A very well run organization. The last 3 season's my sons have had excellent coaches. They have been very positive, teaching skills at the appropriate age level, very enthusiastic. They give all the kids equal playing time, always rotating positions. We love practice before the games and always th
... Read More
Angel R. (October 2017)
"Communication from the league Coaching is great, coaches make sure every team member feels involved Organization of practices and games are convenient "
Christian S. (October 2018)
"Well run programs, excellent communication using text, email and chat."
Erika S. (October 2017)
"The less competitive aspect available to the non athlete. Brings "fun" back into sports rather the focus being the win. Having both children involved (one child being very athletic and the other not so much) and the ability to have them on the same team and enjoying every minute of it is amazing
... Read More
Christina P. (June 2017)
"Number and price of options"
Jody Z. (June 2017)