Flag Football Description:
- Available for boys & girls ages 3-5years old. This is a 6 week program!
Our flag football program is offered to boys and girls 3-5 years old. The goal of this program is to teach players basic flag football fundamental skills in a setting that is FUN and pressure-free. Some of the flag football skills that will be worked on include: flag pulling, running with the ball, and offensive and defensive positioning.
Ankle Biters: 3-5 year olds
- Each session, coaches will do drills and exercises the first half of the program and then end with an instructional scrimmage to build football skills in each player. (The first few weeks may be skills and drills until the players can grasp the concept of the game).
- Each week, you will play for one hour.
- Main focus is on FUN and SPORTSMANSHIP.
- Sportsmanship medals/bands will be given out each week to the players who display the Sportsmanship Value of the Week!
Flag Football Requirements:
No previous experience necessary. Just come ready to learn and ready to have fun!!!
The past few seasons, we have scheduled Flag Football anywhere between 1-3pm. Please keep this time range in mind when scheduling other Saturday activities.
Location: We always do our best to play at the location that is provided online right now, but it all depends on field permits and Flag Football registrations that we receive in that area. This season Flag Football will most likely be held in the Gaithersburg/ Germantown area.
We will confirm rosters and schedules 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the season. Once confirmed, we will post the information on our website. That information can be found in the MY ACCOUNT section under MY SCHEDULE. That information will also be sent to you via email.
- 6 Week Program
- Everybody plays!
- There are No Tryouts, No Drafts, No Fundraisers, and No Mandatory Volunteering!
- Players are organized on teams based on the age of the child. Teams consist of no more than 9-10 players per team (Our 3-5 year old division may be grouped as one and split up differently each week depending on the number of registrations).
- This league is conveniently held on the same day each week.
Awards: All players will receive an i9 Sports Participation Medal at the end of the season.
- i9 Sports Reversible Flag Football Jersey is included in your fee
- shorts/sweatpants (no belt loops/pockets and NO Red Shorts)- You can also purchase i9 shorts online when registering.
- sneakers or rubber cleats are required
- Mouth Guards are required and will be sold at the field
- Flags and footballs will be provided at the field by i9 Sports.
Coaches & Referees: All coaches and referees are i9 Sports Certified and undergo a background check.
We are always looking for volunteer coaches! If you are interested in coaching, please fill out the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION, which can be found under the COACHES drop-down tab on our website.
All applicants are subject to a background check. Not all volunteers will be approved/assigned to coach a team. If we have too many assistant coaches and not enough head coaches, some assistant coaches may have to assume the role as head coach. Our staff will reach out to you after the final registration deadline to confirm whether or not your services as a volunteer coach will be needed this season.
If you're new to coaching, we will provide you with all of the necessary resources and tools to be a successful coach in our league. We will hold a pre-season mandatory coaches meeting and coaches bag pick-up about 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the season.
For general questions, please email Ty Gibson: Ty.Gibson@i9sports.com
See you on the field!