You will find that i9 Sports is an exciting alternative to other leagues, because we offer the features you value most:
- Unsurpassed organization and communication
- Emphasis on fun that places the kids' needs first
- Focus on basic skills, sportsmanship, team play and fairness
- Convenience (practices and games on the same day)
- Inclusiveness (balanced playing time for every player, every game)
- Commitment to safety (mandatory certified background checks on all coaches)
- 7 Week Schedule - Including Opening Day
- 2 Locations to Choose From:
- Columbia Middle School (Hampden & Tower) on Saturdays or Sundays
- Fox Ridge Middle School (Smoky Hill & Arapahoe) on Saturdays
- Everybody plays. Every game!
- There are No Tryouts, No Drafts, and No Fundraisers!
- Practices are conveniently held only on game day - just prior to the game.
LEAGUE FORMAT: Teams will consist of 8-10 players. We do our best to create equal teams by looking at each child's grade, size, gender & experience level, while also honoring buddy requests. We ask that all families complete a survey to help access the skill level of their player. (A link to this survey is available online under MY MESSAGES and will be emailed in your Registration Confirmation.)
- Actual age divisions will be determined based on the number or registrations and may vary between venues
- Kindy-1st grade: 5 vs 5, 45min. practice, 45min. game (2 - 16min. halves), 8' rim, 25.5" ball
- 2nd-3rd grade: 5 vs 5, 60min. practice, 60min. game (2 - 20min. halves), 10' rim, 27.5" ball
- 4th-5th grade: 5 vs 5, 60min. practice, 60min., game (2 - 20min. halves), 10' rim, 28.5" ball
- An official i9 Sports® Reversible Basketball Jersey is provided and included in your fee
- Players may wear shorts or sweatpants
- Non-marking athletic shoes are required
- It is recommended that every child bring their own basketball
AWARDS: Each week one child from each team will be awarded an i9 Sports Sportsmanship Medal for demonstrating the value for that week. All children will receive an i9 Sports Participation Medal at the end of the season. Division winners will receive a trophy.
COACHING: All coaches are volunteers, usually a parent of a child playing on the team. We conduct mandatory pre-season coaches meetings & background check all volunteers. If you are ready to have fun and give lots of high fives, you would make a great coach! Please consider volunteering!
- We strive to assign 2 "co-coaches" to each team
- We conduct pre-season coaches meetings where we go over the expectations for the season & answer any questions you may have
- Our website has tons of coaching materials to help you have a successful season
- Practice plans will be emailed weekly outlining skills, games, drills, breaks, etc.
- A referee will be on the court each week helping "coach" the kids throughout the season
- As a thank you for coaching, a $20 credit will be applied to your account when you attend one of our pre-season coaches meetings and coach with us this season. The credit will be applied before the end of the season & can be used for a future registration.
****PLEASE NOTE**** We do allow you to request to play with a buddy or specific coach during the registration process. (Please limit requests to 5) We will do our very best to honor as many special requests as possible, however they are NOT GUARANTEED. Refunds are not available for special requests we were unable to honor. Refunds requested after the final registration deadline are subject to a $25 processing fee.