Welcome to the 2018/2019 Winter Season Session #1 of i9 Sports Basketball!
You will find that i9 Sports is an exciting alternative to other leagues, because we offer the features you value most:
- Unsurpassed organization and communication (via emails and telephone)
- Emphasis on FUN that places the kids' needs first
- Focus on basic skills, sportsmanship, team play and fairness
- Convenience (practices and games on the same day)
- Inclusiveness (balanced playing time for every player, every game)
- Commitment to safety (mandatory certified background checks on all coaches)
League Format: Play is 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5. Teams are organized into divisions based on the grade of the child. Teams will consist of no more than 10 players unless approved by coach and league. Each team will have 20-30 slotted for practice, depending on the age division, followed by a game. You will only be at the court for one hour each week.
Equipment: The league provides each player with an official i9 Sports Basketball reversible tank. Players may wear shorts or sweats of any type, as long as they do not have pockets or belt loops. Appropriate footwear includes rubber soled shoes. Please bring your own basketball for practice. We will have mouth guards available for $5 at our field canopy, in case you would like one.
Awards: Each week one kid from each team will be awarded an i9 Sports Sportsmanship Medal or Sticker for demonstrating the sportsmanship value for that week. All kids in each age grouping will compete for a division winner’s trophy. All kids who do not win a trophy will receive an i9 Sports Participation Medal at the end of the season. All children in groups Pre K and K-1 will receive Participation Medals regardless of final record.
Coaches & Referees: All coaches are volunteers, usually a parent of a child playing on the team, will receive mandatory certified background checks and will be provided access to i9 Sports coaching resources and our trained staff. Please consider volunteering! Coaches find the experience personally rewarding. All referees are trained to ensure the highest level of professionalism possible during all games.
Access our Interactive Website: You can register to play, access schedules, view standings and team/player statistics, review game rules, and get the latest league news at our state-of-the-art website. The website is updated on a regular basis so please check the site often.
Location Disclaimer: Games will be played where you signed up, if possible. We reserve the right to move or merge areas of play in order to provide the best experience possible. If we believe there are not enough players to provide a fun experience at a particular location those players/teams will be moved to a nearby location where a full league exists. Our goal is to provide the best playing experience possible. If a location is moved, we will do our best to keep it as close as possible.
- Buddy Requests: We will honor as many as 10 requests. If there are more than 10 we will divide into multiple teams.
- Games are played: Indoors
- Ball & Hoop Sizes:
- Pre K through 3U: 27.5” Ball, 8ft Hoop
- 5U: 27.5” Ball, 9ft Hoop
- 7U & 9U: 28.5” Ball, 10ft Hoop
- Seating: Please bring a chair as there are no bleachers/seating at most locations
- Blackout Dates: 11/24
How can we help? Contact us:
Weather Hotline: 703-644-8160