To achieve our mission of helping kids succeed in life through sports, i9 Sports® provides a youth sports experience unlike any other teaching the importance of good sportsmanship on the field and in life. We believe the value we provide must go far beyond the sport itself. It must be about more than the rules of the game. About more than who plays what position. About more than the score. We focus on how the game is played, how much fun we can make it for the kids, and how easy we can make it for the parents.
For Kids: We provide a fun experience where kids learn athletic skills, good sportsmanship, and increase their self-esteem.
For Parents: We provide a convenient, well organized program that doesn’t consume their family’s life.
THE WAY YOUTH SPORTS SHOULD BE ®
At the end of the day, it's not the sport that makes the difference. It's the experience you and your child have at the game that makes a lasting impact. That's why we operate our leagues very differently. More specifically, our programs are built around a 5-point customer experience we call The i9 Sports Experience.
The i9 Sports Experience is defined as:
1. Superior Organization & Communication
We believe in creating a youth sports experience that’s positive and stress-free for the whole family.
- Professional management of all programs – someone is always in-charge
- Proactive communication - you always know when and where you need to be
- 24/7 online access to latest schedules, standings, and statistics
- Flexibility to accommodate “buddy” requests on teams
We believe in making participation in an i9 Sports program easily fit into a family’s busy schedule.
- Easy registration online or by phone through our Customer Service Center
- Once a week practices on game day, at same location
- No mandatory fundraisers or concession duties
We believe your child’s safety is paramount. As such, i9 Sports is not only a leader in raising national awareness about safety in youth sports and specifically, concussion safety, we strive to ensure that "safe play" is enforced.
- Instruction by coaches screened with criminal background check
- Trained officials at every game
- “i9 Sports Parental Pledge” which prohibits sideline negativity
- “i9 Sports Coaches Pledge” creating a culture of teamwork, fair play and good sportsmanship
- "When in Doubt, Sit Out” Concussion Safety Policy
- No heading allowed in our soccer programs
We believe that learning to play the game is only half the equation. Helping children develop character is the other half. i9 Sports supports healthy competition and believes that every child should be both encouraged and given the opportunity to make the most of his/her abilities.
- Age appropriate instruction in game fundamentals
- Weekly sportsmanship value taught and award given on each team
- Emphasis on fair play vs. score of the game
We believe that the primary reason children play sports is to have fun. They love mastering new skills, developing friendships, and healthy competition. We avoid spoiling the fun by focusing more on skills development and enjoyment of the game than on the score.
- Equal playing time regardless of talent level
- No tryouts or drafts
- Post-season award